Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Future Olympian

Holly's gymnastics class had awards day on Friday where parents and grandparents got to come watch and see their little gymnasts receive medals.
Here is Holly on the bars, concentrating very hard (you can see Bela and Marta Karolyi coaching her :)) Concentrate, Nadia, concentrate!She walks the line.

Holly's favorite activity: parachuting!
Big jump!
1st place goes to Holly!
Is this not the cutest picture you have ever seen?


Running to show Daddy her medal (which she wore all day, only to be removed for nap).


Grandad the photographer, Holly's new favorite playmate.

Showing off her gold.
This was such a fun little class at a great gymnastics center. She started off in a "Mommy and Me" class but moved up to the big kid class in February. So, she and Grey have enjoyed taking this class together while the Moms get to watch from the waiting room. She did great and hopefully we can continue to do a class in Atlanta.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Those are great photos! She looks quite serious. I'm so proud of her. And I love your haircut.

Christy said...

Awesome! Did your dad bring the fairies to the event? Seems to mr fairies would be a big help on the balance beam.

suzanne morris said...

Holly is following in her mom's gymnast footsteps. Gill, you look so beautiful in the photo - great hair style. We're out of town through early June, then Kate's having surgery, but hope to reconnect with you soon. I mapquested your new address - not far at all :) Praying for ya'll this week - so many details, so many memories.....

abbiegrace said...

so cute!!

I can't believe you mentioned Bela and Marta...there was a movie which Ellie (my sis) and I absolutely loved when we were little about Nadia Comaneci. We are big fans of Bela and Marta. :-) Loved seeing him on the olympic coverage.

Our 2nd favorite movie was Savannah Smiles. (did you ever see that one?)

nana Bear said...

I laughed reading abbiegrace's comment about Marta and Bela and the movie about Nadia.Our girls loved that movie....in fact in the mornings on weekends they would dress in their leotards and watch that movie they knew all the words of the movie by heart and would talk along with Bela and Marta and Nadia etc. and practice all their moves in the den...Sam was about one and a half at the time and he would practice his "moves " also.I have to brag on Gillian too she made the Irish squad for gymnastics!!!! as a ten year old!!! It was so fun to see Holly at her Gymnastics class over the past nine months and see how her confidence grew .Go Holly We are so proud of you..Love from OMB.

amy weiner said...

That wearing the gold medal thing reminds me of my grandpa when he won his nursing home's balloon volleyball championship. Never took the thing off.
Hope you're experiencing productivity with the move!

Anonymous said...

I love the trampoline picture!!

Lynn T said...

The sweetest pictures! I love the one where Holly is racing to Allen to show off her medal.

Gill...love the new haircut.

I'm ready to come and visit