Well, we are just about a week away from our big move. We have given away more stuff to goodwill in the last few weeks than I even thought we owned. But it feels great to purge, and it will be necessary since our new house is quite a bit smaller with a lot less storage space. It is a really nice little house with a great fenced backyard and the right number of bedrooms (3 with a bonus room that can be used as a bedroom/playroom/office--so we'll use it as all three :)), and it's close to Emory!
It has been really emotional going through all of Joseph's things (boy, did he have a lot of stuff!), but I am so grateful to Kate, who packed up all his clothes and bedding for me, and Katie who helped me with the rest of the room. I am not a good solo packer--I really need someone with me, even just to ask, "Do you want this?" On my own, I take one look at everything and freeze and hyperventilate at the same time. Not a good combination. Oh, and Susan helped me go through all our books and kitchen cabinets which was so amazingly helpful. And my sister came and we did an extreme closet makeover on my closet (she even helped me when I had a stomach bug--what a sis!) Allen and I went through his toys and picked out his favorites and gave the rest of the thousand toys to goodwill. Of course we kept all his Thomas trains and "Cars" cars and favorite stuffed animals.
Our new house is in Decatur off Lawrenceville Highway, so it is pretty close to Emory and pretty close to friends for me--two of our biggest goals. And Christy, it is close to the Farmer's Market so I will expecting you to stop by on your biweekly trips. :) I am very excited about that, though. Gotta love Atlanta's Farmer's Market.
The address is:
3118 Anthony Dr.
Decatur, GA 30033
Nashville, we are going to miss you tremendously. We have really fallen in love with Franklin and having family nearby. And we have made some amazing friends who have walked with us through a very difficult year. But, we are also looking forward to reconnecting with our amazing Atlanta friends and I look forward to Holly becoming friends with their kids again. I know it will be a challenging couple of years, with Allen entering back into residency but if we have learned anything it is that God carries us through whatever happens. We are not alone, ever, and he always provides.
6 comments:
I'm in denial that you guys are leaving. Are you free Mon or Tue for one last play date before I go to NY?
Wow. I'm there this weekend through Tues. I'm good at "coaching packing" too. I'm bossy and good at convincing you that you don't need stuff. So if you need help, I'm there!!! Or I could just come over and tell you funny jokes and tickle a little to ease the tension. And fly underwear from a flag.
Oh...I am sad for you to leave too. Thank you Nashville, and Mom, Dad and David and all of Gillian and Allen's amazing friends who have really walked beside you. It is amazing that God provided such great friends and new friends who have loved on you.
And thank you Atlanta, I know you will welcome and love them as you always have.
praying for you Gillo and Al.
I think the hardest part is over, unpacking and starting a new chapter in Atl will be good. Can't wait to have you, Al, Holly and Lucky Charm in the ATL. With the addition of the Peabody gals,,, well, GA Girl Power watch out!
Oh my gosh, we are going to have fabulous Farmer's Mkt. adventures together! Let's not ever go on Memorial Day though. Ever.
Ya'll will be just a hop, skip, and a jump from our house...we're off the first exit on 78 outside 285. Praying for your transition and can't wait to see you!
Post a Comment