We are pretty much decided on a name for this little girl, but I always like looking at baby name books just for fun. We have one that is specifically Irish baby names and we had a lot of fun imagining some of these for baby Pea.
First, some we were able to rule out:
Aoibheann (pronounced EVE-een). Even though this does just roll of the tongue and would be a cinch to spell, this didn't make the cut.
Colette. I love this name and think it is beautiful, but after Allen kept saying it with a southern accent he ruined it for me.
Dervorgilla. Need I say more?
Liadan (pronounced Lee-DAWN). This actually did sound better with a southern accent.
Oonagh. Allen turned this into an oompah loompah song. If he could do it, we figured any kid at school could.
Saoirse (pronounced SEER-sha). See #1.
We did come up with some of our own:
Rice Krispie Treat Peabody (pronounced Rice Krispie Treat Peabody). This just had a nice ring to it.
Raisin Nut Bran Peabody (prounced RAIS-in NUT bran PEAbody). Ditto.
With a dog named Kellogg, we figured we needed another member of the family to go along with the cereal theme. That is all we came up with. I was literally crying laughing so we had to stop.
So, now that you know some of our likes and dislikes, guessing the name should be a piece of cake. Don't say we didn't give you hints. :)
7 comments:
I got it:
Froot Loop Peabody
or maybe:
Honey Smack Peabody
or I am betting Holly's favorite:
AlphaBit Peabody
or my personal favorite:
Lucky Charm Peabody
Seriously, though, if you want to go with Margaret Peabody, it's ok with me!
P.S. These names are 'pretty much the best I've ever done'.
I think its going to be Cheerios prounced CHEERIOS I cannot find the Gaelic translation Oh wait I think I know the translation CAILIN.........How fun whatever this sweetpea will be called it will be Perfect oH Margaret I love Lucky Charm Peabody If it comes to a vote Im with you L.C.P for short !!!...Love from Nana-Bear
Gillian, I was thinking of you today and decided to check your blog. Your Irish name list reminds me of some of the Scottish names we encountered when we lived there...there were some that I had NO idea how to pronounce until I heard them spoken!
Raisin Nut Bran Peabody does have a nice ring to it. Just like the southern double name phenomenon, but even better... a triple name. I can just see the RNBP monogram on the pillowcases. :-)
Ask Allen who Peter Pan Peabody is
OK, so I really like some of those! Colette is beautiful ... but yeah, hearing it with a drawl for a while could taint it.
Don't know why you'd look for anything better than Cracka' Peasmack, though. Maybe Fiber One Peabody.
I'm laughing so hard, but now I'm looking for hidden hints. Is the name in the post? I can't stand waiting! :) I'm thinking you should go with Ivy, so you'll have the Holly and the Ivy! :)
Post a Comment