
As most of you know, we found out Monday that we are having a baby girl. Everything looked great on the ultrasound and it was really amazing to see a real person moving around inside me. We are so excited to have another little girly girl. And just to be annoying, we are keeping the name a secret. :) Try as you might, I will not fold.
That night we had our good friends, the Etues, over for dinner and Kate brought us this cake. She had asked the bakery to write something celebratory, like "Yay! Baby Girl!" but they chose "Yeah, Baby Girl." I have to say I like it this way better. It made all of us laugh a lot. And it was delicious.
We had such a nice evening. The kids played outside for 3 hours straight, with a small break to eat dinner, and we all got to visit and be outside. Here are some pics of Holly and her friends:

Grey was telling Holly he had a mosquito in his ear.




And of course we couldn't interrupt this:

to take this:

so we had an adventure with the self-timer button. Not bad, right?
Yeah, baby girl.
3 comments:
It was more fun than the kids (or we) have had in a while! :) Thanks for having us over--and I want that chicken chili recipe too. The pics are great, and I'm so sorry Holly's throat is feeling sore. I'm praying she doesn't get sick.
Yeah, its a girl!!! Love the bakery's choice of words!
Sounds like you all had a wonderful night with the Etues. I love the choclate covered faces.
Miss you!
Best ... cake ... ever.
Post a Comment