Sunday, April 25, 2010

My Girl

Okay, so Holly says hilarious things every day and every day I think, "I need to write these down!" Sometimes I do and sometimes I don't. But lately, I did. Here is a sampling of what is heard in our house :

"Mommy! I love you sooo much! I love you more than anyone else in the whole wide world. Ever!!
Except for Andrew. I love Andrew more than you."


(We are getting in the car after church and Holly notices I "forgot" to put on the necklace she picked out for me.)

Holly: "Mommy, your necklace!"
Me: "Oops, honey, I forgot to put it on!"
Holly: "That's okay. You still look fancy." (Heaven forbid I enter church without looking fancy!)



(We are at a birthday party at a park and a very loud train chugs by and scares the living daylights out of Holly. I grab her and hear her heart beating wildly.)

Holly: "I do not like that train! That train should go a different way!"
Me: "I'm sorry, hon. Were you scared?
Holly: "Indeed, I was!"


(We are at dinner and she is finishing up leftovers from a dinner she liked the night before.)

Me: "Holly, hurry up and finish so we can go get ice cream!"
Holly: "Well, um, some of this tastes like dog."




(Holly is in the car playing the harmonica for June to make her stop crying.

Later, in the stroller, June begins to fuss...

Holly: "Oh, June, I'm sorry! I forgot my harmonitor!"


(Every night June gets a bottle of formula to attempt to fill her little belly. Holly has heard the word "formula" thrown around a little.)

Me: Holly, do you think if I ran out for a while you could stay here and watch June for me? (We were playing...of course I wasn't serious.)
Holly, with a big smile: "You mean, and give her her California?"




I hope these make you smile. At least I have them written down somewhere now so I will remember some of them!

9 comments:

Christy said...

That is THE BEST! She always makes me laugh, every time I'm with her. I think my favorite (other than Andrew being her favorite person, obviously) is that she thought her supper tasted like dog. That's a real winner.

suzanne morris said...

Thanks SO MUCH for sharing those precious pictures and Holly quotes. You are wise to record them somewhere before they become a blur and get lost in the busyness of everyday life. I just want to know....who is Andrew ? What happy girls you have! Probably because they have the best mom & dad!

Kathy said...

So funny...that's our Holly Bear. I love the pictures...big smiles on everyone. Miss you all so much.
Mimi

Peamama said...

Suzanne, Andrew is her beloved friend, begotten by our beloved friends, Christy and Phil.

Lynn T said...

We howled at these. LOVE HOLLY!!!! We love June bug too and miss you all!!

nana said...

Those princesses are just too cute. I can just imagine what dog tastes like if it tastes anything like California!!!.I am glad Holly thinks you are "fancy" even without your diamonds!!Funny girl .Love you all very much Nana-Bear

trmills said...

Fabulous! So glad you wrote them down, and you will be, more and more in the years to come, no doubt. What a sophisticated little lady, indeed!

Brea said...

I loved the "Indeed I was" response! Such as little lady. I've decided to start keeping track of all the funny things Brennan says, too. They can be just hysterical. Thanks for sharing the fun!

nana bear said...

I want to see the ballet photos!!love you Nana