Monday, March 29, 2010

June Bug's Baptism

Maggie June was baptized on February 21st, 2010. We were so blessed to have many of our family members there to help celebrate this special day with us. What a huge responsibility: to teach our children the ways of God! Allen and I are constantly challenged in how to do this well. Thank goodness God doesn't require perfection and he works through weak creatures like us. To be quite honest, I often feel my children teach ME more about God than I teach them.



Holly loves her little sis Mimi and June
Holly, June, Nana and Grandad
Nana and Grandad, with Holly, June and cousin Will.
All the boys!
Holly loves to climb into June's crib after her nap.

Oh boy. I wonder if they will ever sleep if they share a room?


Well, if February was the longest month in existence, March was the shortest. It is almost April and I'm just now updating this blog again. We have had a lot of fun in the last month....I will try to get some pictures up soon. A trip to the beach, a visit from Winnie Kate and a great Easter Egg Hunt with church friends (we now do Easter Egg Hunts around the house daily).


We have some really nice warm days, but there are enough cold ones to feel like Spring hasn't completely arrived. I am so hesitant to pack away all our hats and gloves and jackets because I know once I do it will start snowing or something crazy. But what a happy day that will be! Pool days here we come!

We have been really busy with I don't know what. Every week seems to get busier than the previous but it's all just fun stuff--playgroups, school days, Bible study, meeting friends at the park, etc. June is keeping me very busy since she is now MOBILE!! She started crawling at 5 months and is only getting more adventurous. She also is eating solid foods but hasn't quite jumped in with both feet. Some days she just refuses anything except milk (and baby oatmeal). She continues to be the happiest baby on the block, although she is definitely not the sleepingest baby on the block. I think she may be extending her naps a little but her normal naps have been 30-45 min. at a time. My other two seemed to sleep half the day away, so this has been a little strange for me. But she is growing fine and is cheerful when she is awake. (I'm sometimes not so cheerful but I get over it :))

Next week Allen gets a vacation. It's his first one since last October so we are READY for some Daddy time! We are planning to head down to the beach (Destin) and Allen can catch up on about 6 month's worth of sleep. :) Now, where do I find a nanny to let us BOTH sleep in?

3 comments:

suzanne morris said...

All the pictures are great, but I especially love the first one. Each one of you has a perfect smile. We were so happy to be there that day to witness sweet, soft June's baptism. I do think Holly was a bit distressed that Rev. Tinnin kept calling her Maggie, instead of June. We will be in Seaside Apr 3-10. Does that overlap with your Destin time? Perhaps there is babysitting potential.

Kathy said...

Love the pictures. All the smiles!It was a very special weekend!
OH, and, I don't charge a thing for babysitting!
love,mimi

Nana said...

Those girls are just too cute too sweet and too precious for words their Mommy and Daddy are ok too! We love Y'all "Junee berry Junee berry.........Nana -Bear