Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Christmas and Nashville

Well, our Christmas this year was a bit unusual. We moved to Nashvillle, then flew down to Miami to go on a cruise with my family. But, as we all know, this did not work out so we ended up at Disney World. I would love to say I handled the whole affair with poise and grace, but I can't. Thankfully, Allen held it together for us and came up with a great backup plan: Disney World! By the time we settled into our hotel room that night I had calmed down for the most part, but by the next day we were all excited to hit Disney World.







One very nice treat that came out of the cruise fiasco was that we got to spend Christmas with Allen's grandma. The girls were really excited, and Holly even learned how to knit using a knitting spool. Grandma is quite an inspiration when it comes to all things craft-related.


 This is the view from our little villa we stayed in outside of Disney. It was such a serene, beautiful setting, and it had a beautiful pool within walking distance.

Overall, I think we definitely made the best of things, even though it was a bit stressful. I have to say both girls handled everything really well, which was a blessing.
Here are some pictures of our new abode in Franklin, TN:


We  have been here about a month now and have unpacked for the most part. This is my first time really decorating a house, so I'm having fun with that! Although I do feel a crunch to get lots of things done before the baby comes because I know any progress will be put on hold for a while once a newborn arrives. Plus, I feel a little inept at it...but maybe it will just take practice? My mom painted our bedroom and I've made some curtains but there is lots more to do! It's wonderful to be near grandparents and this setting is really peaceful. It is so vastly different from our neighborhood in Atlanta....it still sort of feels like we are just visiting! Oh, and I forgot to mention my favorite aspect of the house: I have a little sewing nook! I will post pictures of the house once I take some with this camera!

4 comments:

suzanne morris said...

We miss you guys, but are happy for you to be living near family in that lovely home. Love to all you Peabodys and to your mom.

Dave, Ami, Hadleigh Claire, Annelise, and True said...

Glad that you are getting settled in, but I wish you were still here!

Kathy said...

Love the pictures, especially the one of the girls with Grandma. So sweet! Kathy

Christy said...

I want some more details on the poise and grace that you lacked. Did you hit anybody? I think anybody that decides to stand between a cruise ship and an angry pregnant woman/angry 5-year-old duo deserves what he gets.

I can't wait to see your new house! I just spent a considerable portion of my day rearranging things in my house, and I've been here for over a year-and-a-half, so I wonder if one ever feels like they've got their home just like they want it?