Sunday, November 13, 2011

35 Days, But Who's Counting?

So, after 4 years of medical school and 2.9 years of residency we can finally count the days to the finish line in days and weeks! I am so excited and am so looking forward to having my husband back!!
I am fairly used to doing weekends with the kids alone and braving social gatherings alone, and we usually plan fun things to keep us busy. But after a couple of months of two easy rotations where Al was home a lot and had most weekends off I'm having a hard time readjusting!
Yesterday after the kids woke up at 5:45 for the 6th day in a row I thought I just might send the kids to any available neighbors house who didn't have a shady van parked out front :) You'll be relieved to know we opted for Target and the park and Starbucks for me. :) But speaking of shady vans I have to share my lamest lie yet to the kids. A really sketchy looking ice cream truck sang down our street the other day while we were playing outside. Holly goes, "mom, is that an ice cream truck?" I couldn't think so I told her it was a taxi! She did actually believe me, but said, "wow, it's so weird there are pictures of ice cream all over it!" My poor girls. Deprived of their chance for sketchy ice cream!


I think they'll survive!

1 comment: