Holly went up for a visit to Nana and Grandad this week so I have been, well, let's just call it nesting. While she has been gone I've painted the crib, reupholstered our rocking chair/glider, put up a border in Holly's room, and done quite a bit of shopping. So if the baby comes tomorrow we shall be prepared (even though she'll probably be two weeks late). Here are some pics of my labor (not that kind of labor--no pics of that, sorry):
The chair before:

The beginning of the new chair:

Allen got artistic with these shots. My machine got jammed about 25 times while trying to sew this but I composed myself for the pics:


The finished chair:


The crib unpainted:

Painted and ready for a little baby:

Also, I have to include a few shots of Holly's newest sport:

The princess and the putt:

Bad call, ref!

Okay, let's kiss and make up.

When Nana asked Holly what she wanted to be when she grew up she answered, "Well, I'm definitely going to be a princess. BUT, I might also be a zookeeper." Looks like she might also be a princess golfer.
12 comments:
Ahhhhhh, I feel like shrieking with excitement... like Holly!!! Oh my goodness, the glider looks amazing!!! I am beyond impressed. The nursery looks beautiful. Gill, you are so talented. I cannot believe how much you have accomplished. I love all the colors. I am so proud of you. Also, love the artsy photos of you sewing too.
Love you,
Lynn
me toooooooo!!!!! Wow...hello...miss lady...come to my house and re d0 some furniture!!
Holly is so edible. I miss her so much. I really need to take her for a while after baby comes.
I love you!!
Well Gillo I am as impressed as your sisters.I wish I could sew like my Mommy could.There is a new needlecraft store opening in Brentwood and they give sewing lesasons "sew" you never know what O.M.B. might be sewing in the fall.No housework was done last week just playing princesses swimming and rope and ladderclimbing of course as usual I was totally excluded from Holly and Grandads "fairy and ballerina" conversations and playtimes oh well I had fun snooping .Love you all very much and cant wait for the "new princess " to arrive. O.M.B.
LOVE IT! You are soo creative Gill...way to go. I love seeing the before and after. YOu should be very proud. Love you! Jody
Looks amazing!
Love the cool sewing pictures. Go Allen with your bad self. Your chair looks awesome! Precious baby Cracka' is going to love her room.
Counting the days with you!
Wow, the chair looks really great, Gill! Did you make the pillows, too? A very crafty one you are, indeed!
you are a VERY talented seamstress! It all looks SO pretty:)
Gillian,
You have got to be soooo proud of yourself. I have never tackled recovering a chair!!! I am a little intimidated by it. The room looks great and I love Allen's artistic shots.
love,
Katie
Your chair is fabulous. And you look beautiful in the soft light of the sewing machine...
Holy cow, that chair is AMAZING!!!!!! Did you do all of that yourself? Seriously, Gill, you are ridiculously talented!
what a gorgeous chair!
Post a Comment