Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Funny Holly

Holly has been cracking us up lately, as usual. I just have to share some recent conversations:

Grey (her buddy): Let's go, Holly! I'm the king of the castle!!
Holly: Oh yeah? I'm the princess of the castle!!

Holly (to Grey): Mommy! Oops, I called you Mommy. What was I thinking?!

Holly: Daddy, look, the baby in my belly came out (showing off her baby doll).

Daddy: Interesting. So, who's the baby's daddy?

Holly (without missing a beat): Oh, she doesn't need a daddy. She just needs a mommy.

Daddy: Really? Do you need a daddy?

Holly (casually): Nah, I just need a mommy.

Poor Daddy! She just doesn't know just how much she needs him yet. One day she will realize what a lucky girl she is to have the funnest and funniest and sweetest daddy in the world.

6 comments:

Lynn T said...

Ahhhh I am the first to comment! This is so so sweet. I love the new blog.
The conversations cracked me up, especially the one with Allen about Daddy. The blog design is beautiful! Thanks for sharing. It brightened my day!

jody said...

So true....girls only learn later in life how KEY and critical a dad's love and influence is. She a momma's girl for now. Cannot wait for your return to Atlanta...we miss you all. I love the new blog.....thanks for sharing. Love you all so much. Jody

Anonymous said...

I love your template! Looks great... :)

Sarah-Jane said...

I love it.
she's so darn funny.
Who needs Daddy's??

I'm so glad you doin this:) yay.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're doing this, Gill! Funny how it's years before we really recognize just how important our dad's really are. She sure would notice if he WASN'T there though! Kids are so funny...

Christy said...

Children having children. Such a shame. Sounds like the delivery went well, though. Does she have any labor tips?

Yea for your fun, new blog! I can't wait to have your wacky girl nearby!